New Book “Unity from Zero to Proficiency (Intermediate)” is available on Amazon.
In this book, entitled From Zero to Proficiency (Foundations), which is the first book in the series (i.e., Foundations, Beginner, Intermediate and Advanced), the readers will become comfortable with Unity’s interface and its core features, by creating a project (with no coding involved) that includes both an indoor and an outdoor environment.
The book includes:
- A list of the learning objectives at the start of each chapter.
- Step-by-step activities.
- Opportunities to engage in deeper learning and problem-solving skills through the challenges offered at the end of each chapter.
- Quizzes to test your knowledge.
The content of each chapter is as follows:
- Chapter 1 provides general information on game engines and explains why you should use such software, and how, by using Unity more specifically, you can create games seamlessly.
- Chapter 2 takes you through the very first steps of installing Unity and becoming familiar with the interface. It will also show you the different shortcuts necessary to navigate through scenes and projects in Unity.
- Chapter 3 gets you to create and export your first
scene by combining built-in objects. You will learn how to manage objects, apply textures and colors, and transform objects to create a simple scene.
- Chapter 4 explains how you can create an indoor scene (i.e., a maze) with built-in shapes. You will also work with and manage lights in your scene to set the atmosphere and navigate through the scene with a First-Person Controller.
- Chapter 5 explains how to create an island with sandy beaches and palm trees using Unity’s built-in assets. You will also drive a car and pilot a plane.
- Chapter 6 provides answers to frequently asked questions.
- Chapter 7 summarizes the topics covered in this book and also provides useful information if you would like to progress further with this book series