Interesting article from Volition’s senior audio designer Ariel Gross explains why your audio designers are “emotion designers,” and why they and other members of your team need to remember that.
Call for Speakers ECGC 2012 is now accepting submissions for speakers for the upcoming conference! The early submission date is February 19, with a late submission date of March 11. Prospective speakers are encouraged to submit their ideas for lectures, roundtables, and panels for the conference as soon as possible.
This year, the ECGC board is seeking sessions in game-related tracks including but not limited to Academic, Business, Design, Programming, Production, Social, Mobile, Serious Games, and Visual Arts. For more information on the seven topical tracks at ECGC, please visit the Track Overview.
The East Coast Game Conference is the largest game conference on the East Coast and will take place at Raleigh’s state of the art Convention Center on April 25/26, 2012. This is the premier industry event for developers to make connections, share ideas, and find inspiration in the Eastern US.
If you have a great talk and are a great speaker please submit it to email@example.com!
Conference attendees expect excellence from ECGC speakers. They will evaluate your sessions based on delivery, knowledge on the topic addressed, and the visuals presented. Please consider the following when proposing to speak:
* The proposed outline must match the talk you present at the Summit.
* You agree to commit adequate time to prepare for your session.
* You may be required to submit your presentation slides for review prior to acceptance.
* We strongly encourage that you rehearse the delivery of your session for it to be effective; preferably in front of your peers.
* Your presentation materials will be subject to review prior to the conference.
* You agree to have adequate visual accompaniment to your speech.
* You agree to allow ECGC to record and distribute copies of your presentation.
* The submitter also agrees to be available to present his/her session during either day of the Conference-April 25/26, 2012.